yields 15 cupcakes
- 2 sticks South Word Brand Brown Candy (made of cane sugar and water)
- 2 Styrofoam cups of cold water
- 2 lbs. Thailand Rice Flour
- 2 teaspoons Davis Double Acting Baking Powder
- Additional cups of cold water
- Mix brown candy and cold water together. Heat this brown candy mixture on high heat for 8 to 9 minutes. Turn off stove. Let it cool.
- Slowly add the rice flour into some of this brown candy mixture. Stir until this rice flour mixture has an evenly smooth appearance. For smoother texture, a strainer could be used to filter out remaining clumps. Keep remaining brown candy mixture for later use.
- Mix two teaspoons of Davis Double Acting Baking Powder and remaining brown candy mixture together.
4. Add this baking powder mixture to rice flour mixture. Stir until one long thin strand part of this final mixture could be lifted.
5. Meanwhile put steam rack into wok. Add a round aluminum foil pan on top of steam rack. Add enough water into the wok until cold water reaches bottom of aluminum foil pan. Heat wok water on high heat until water boils.
6. Line cup cake holders with foil baking cups.
7. Fill foil baking cups with final mixture to almost maximum capacity of the foil baking cups.
8. When water starts to boil, put cup cake holders with final mixture in foil baking cups on top of aluminum foil pan. Put wok cover on top of wok. Heat final mixture on high heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Stick toothpick in the center of Prosperity Cupcakes. If toothpick comes out clean, it is ready.
10. Let Prosperity Cupcakes harden.