yields 4 servings
- 3 teaspoons of Skippy’s Super Chunk Peanut Butter (optional)
- 1 pouch of Torto’s Powdered Black Sesame Dessert
- 2 cups of cold water
- Boil 2 cups of cold water over medium heat.
- Put 1 pouch of Torto’s Powdered Black Sesame Dessert into the pot of boiling water. Stir.
3. Add 3 teaspoons of peanut butter (optional).
If you are allergic to peanuts, do not add peanut butter.
4. Stir mixture over low heat.
5. Remove the mixture from stove. Let it cool down for about 20-25 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into 4 ice popsicle molds. Allow room at the top for ice popsicle handles and ice popsicle expansion. Remove remaining residue found at the top of molds.
7. Freeze these molds overnight or about 12 hours.
8. Remove the molds from the freezer. Run warm water at the top and bottom of each mold for a few seconds. Hold onto the handle. Pull each ice popsicle up.
If you’re still unable to pull each ice popsicle up, allow it to be as it is at room temperature. Wait and try again.
9. Enjoy your ice popsicle!
yields 2 servings
- 1/2 can of prepared Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore
- 1/2 avocado, diced/cubed/mashed
- 1/2 cucumber, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 bowl kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, washed and/or torn (for elderly)
- 1 1/2 cap of Ken’s Light Options Raspberry Walnut dressing
- 1 cap of dried cranberries
- 12-14 pieces of cashews (optional)
- 1 slice of lemon (optional)
- Place and toss the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Squeeze lemon slice into salad (optional).
yields 12 cupcakes
- ½ cup blueberries, washed
- ½ cup raspberries, washed
- ½ cup blackberries, washed
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup 1% low fat milk
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 salted butter stick
- fruit jam (optional)
- frosting (optional)
- other fruits of your choice, washed and seeded if needed (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a muffin tray with 2 baking cups for each cupcake. Butter and flour baking cups.
3. Using a food processor, grind fruits. Add baking soda, almonds, and chocolate chips. Mix.
4. Meanwhile, microwave butter in a bowl for 15 seconds.
Add sugar and mix (optional).
Transfer this mixture into a larger bowl. Add 1 egg, ¼ cup of flour, ¼ of fruit mix, and 1/8 cup of milk. Mix. Repeat 3 times for remaining ingredients.
5. Fill baking cups with batter.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Stick toothpick in each cupcake. If toothpick comes out clean, it is ready.
8. After cooling, take cupcakes out of tray.
9. Remove baking cups from cupcakes. Spread fruit jam, frosting, and fruits on top of cupcakes (optional).
This recipe was taken from createengwp(2012) BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE.
- 1 Butternut squash, stemmed, halved or quartered, and seeded
- 3-5 layers small onion, stemmed, halved, peeled, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons chicken starch
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 1” water in baking pan
- water about 1” away from the top of the pot
- 3-4 bowls cooked (brown) rice
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°.
2. Put enough olive oil or cooking spray to cover the bottom and sides of baking pan. Add water.
3. Face the interior of the butternut squash down on the pan.
4. Bake squash for approximately 45-50 minutes.
5. Open the oven door completely for cooling.
6. Meanwhile, boil water in pot over low heat.
When squash is cooled, remove from oven, flip, scoop out flesh, and transfer it to pot of boiling water.
7. Add butter, salt, chicken starch, onion, mayonnaise, garlic, and black pepper.
8. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Tip: For extra flavor, cook longer.
9. Add cooked (brown) rice and stir.
10. Test taste; add additional seasoning or water to your liking and stir.
11. Remove from heat.
- ½ pound ground beef, defrosted and chopped
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn oil
- 2 extra large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 5 bowls cooked rice
- ½ red pepper, seeded, washed, and chopped
- ½ green pepper, seeded, washed, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dumpling sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 shredded pieces salted spicy radish, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chicken starch
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup red cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon (light) soy sauce
1. Heat corn oil in pan over low heat. Add beef and red cooking wine.
2. When beef is no longer red, add tofu, bell peppers, and other remaining ingredients except rice. Stir.
3. Add rice. Stir.
4. Test taste.
Note: The red cooking wine and sauces have seasoning so tweak recipe if necessary.