yields 12 cupcakes
- ½ cup blueberries, washed
- ½ cup raspberries, washed
- ½ cup blackberries, washed
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup 1% low fat milk
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 salted butter stick
- fruit jam (optional)
- frosting (optional)
- other fruits of your choice, washed and seeded if needed (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a muffin tray with 2 baking cups for each cupcake. Butter and flour baking cups.
3. Using a food processor, grind fruits. Add baking soda, almonds, and chocolate chips. Mix.
4. Meanwhile, microwave butter in a bowl for 15 seconds.
Add sugar and mix (optional).
Transfer this mixture into a larger bowl. Add 1 egg, ¼ cup of flour, ¼ of fruit mix, and 1/8 cup of milk. Mix. Repeat 3 times for remaining ingredients.
5. Fill baking cups with batter.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Stick toothpick in each cupcake. If toothpick comes out clean, it is ready.
8. After cooling, take cupcakes out of tray.
9. Remove baking cups from cupcakes. Spread fruit jam, frosting, and fruits on top of cupcakes (optional).