- 3 caps olive oil
- 1 Chinese or Italian eggplant, washed, leaved, and diagonally cut
~ If you prefer sweeter eggplant, select the Chinese one.
~ If you like crunchier eggplant, consider the Italian one.
- 1 Idaho potato, peeled, washed, and cut
- 1 green pepper, halved, seeded, washed, and cut
Tip: If possible, crack the green pepper with your hands; it keeps the green pepper flavor intact as opposed to cutting it with a knife.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- wet corn starch (1 teaspoon corn starch and 2 tablespoons water, mixed)
- 2 tablespoons (light) soy sauce
Tip: If you are afraid of oil popping in your face or hands, place oil, potatoes, eggplant, and green pepper in the pan before opening fire and/or heat these pieces on low heat. However, heating them on lower levels require longer cooking time.
1. Turn on stove to medium heat. Pour olive oil in a pan.
~ If you prefer extra fried foods, you can use a wok instead of a pan.
2. Add potato, eggplant, and green pepper. Mix.
3. Add salt, sugar, (light) soy sauce, and wet corn starch. Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Taste sauce. If necessary, add seasoning or water. Stir.
5. Tip: Stick 1 toothpick in each of these food pieces and pull the toothpick out for each of them. If you can easily poke through it and the toothpick comes out clean, you will know that the pieces are fully cooked. If not, continue cooking until it is ready to be served.