- 1 Butternut squash, stemmed, halved or quartered, and seeded
- 3-5 layers small onion, stemmed, halved, peeled, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons chicken starch
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 1” water in baking pan
- water about 1” away from the top of the pot
- 3-4 bowls cooked (brown) rice
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°.
2. Put enough olive oil or cooking spray to cover the bottom and sides of baking pan. Add water.
3. Face the interior of the butternut squash down on the pan.
4. Bake squash for approximately 45-50 minutes.
5. Open the oven door completely for cooling.
When squash is cooled, remove from oven, flip, scoop out flesh, and transfer it to pot of boiling water.
7. Add butter, salt, chicken starch, onion, mayonnaise, garlic, and black pepper.
Tip: For extra flavor, cook longer.
9. Add cooked (brown) rice and stir.